Homeopathic Medicine for Constipation:
Are you looking for homeopathic medicine for constipation? Constipation is not a disease but a symptom where one suffers from inadequate removal of stool, unsatisfactory stool evacuation, or even the use of assistance for stool evacuation. Generally, less than three bowel movements during 7 days are considered constipation. The stools can be dry, hard, and difficult to pass. One can also suffer from cramps, bloating, headache, nausea, and burning in the rectum. Severe constipation can also cause fissures due to the passing of hard stools, in return causing bleeding.
Causes of constipation:
A few constipation causes are stated below:
- Low fiber intake
- Inactive/ sedentary lifestyle
- Overuse of medicines (antidepressants, anticonvulsants)
- Hormonal imbalance
- Metabolic disorders (obesity, hyperthyroidism, or diabetes)
- Supplements such as calcium or iron (these supplements are hard on the gastrointestinal tract and may lead to constipation)
- Stress (due to stress, inflammation of the digestive tract can occur, increasing the chances of constipation)
- Abuse of laxatives (electrolyte imbalance and mineral deficiency can occur. Also, damage can occur to the nerves and muscles of the colon, which may lead to severe constipation)
- Pregnancy (due to high levels of progesterone, the gastrointestinal activity becomes less active which may cause constipation)
- Disrupted movements of pelvic muscles
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
Symptoms of constipation
- Hard and dry stools
- Abdomen distension/bloating
- Stomach ache
- Pain in rectum
- Burning sensation in the rectum
- Bleeding due to fissures
Complications of constipation
- Rectal prolapse (when the ending of the large intestine slips outside the anus, which is the end of the digestive tract)
- Piles (swelling in the veins of anus and rectum)
- Anal fissures (small cuts or tears in anal mucosa)
- Abdominal hernia
Lifestyle and constipation:
Making a transition from an unhealthy life to a healthy one can help you get rid of constipation. Have healthy, fiber-rich meals, incorporate an adequate amount of water, and lead a physically active life. In some cases, one gets constipation even after following all the ground rules of leading a healthy life and that is when proper evaluation is needed.
Prevention of Constipation:
- Increase the water intake. Consume at least 2 liters of water per day
- Prefer a fiber-rich diet (incorporate whole foods, vegetables, and fruits to increase fiber on regular days)
- Moderate intake of fatty foods (skipping fat altogether can cause constipation, whereas excess can cause diarrhea, so is is a good idea to have moderate non-saturated fat added to a regular diet from healthy sources)
- Do exercise (exercise lessens the transit time of food from the large intestine, hence the body absorbs less water from the stool and prevents it from getting hard and dry, making the stool evacuation quicker)
- Use laxatives but with extreme moderation (laxatives can help release constipation, but excessive use has side effects and can lead to dehydration and further complications)
- In extreme cases, use enema (only in severe constipation as regular use can cause harm)
Homeopathic Medicine and constipation Relief:
Homeopathic medicine can relief constipation. It works for all ages and does not cause harm to the user, resolves the cause of constipation, and prevents its reoccurrence. Homeopathic medicine concentrates on the underlying causes of constipation. As a result Homeopathic medicine does not have side effects and therefore preferred for kids and older aged individuals.
Constip™- Homeopathic Medicine for Constipation
- Drug’s active ingredients:
- Zincum metallicum 30C, Lecithin 30C.
Lecithin is a Phosphorus-containing complex, used in treating constipation in Homeopathic medicine. In Contip TM Lecithin 30C HPUS is used, where HPUS means that Lecithin is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
It is a natural ingredient commonly found in soya beans, organ meat, red meat, eggs, yolks, seafood, legumes, green vegetables, etc.
Lecithin has emulsifying properties that can push a series of reactions to generate the appropriate production of mucus in the intestines, improve digestion and prevent constipation pain. It also addresses bloating and lessens the flatulence effect that is a significant concern.
Lecithin has been given to patients with different diseases to understand its effects. For example, Lecithin has been given to patients of Ulcerative colitis during research by Stremmel W. and Gaussa A. The digestive functioning of patients with Ulcerative colitis improved, showing its positive effects on the gastrointestinal tract. Another research proves that the emulsifying property of Lecithin can protect and improve the mucosal lining of the intestine. The reason: Lecithin has Phosphatidylcholine, a significant mucus component.
- Zincum metallicum:
Zincum Metallicum 30C HPUS is added in Constip TM formula. This active ingredient is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. It works on complex, small, and relatively dry stools to expel them quickly without causing further complications related to constipation pain. Zincum Metallicum is great for people who have bowel movement control issues.
Uses of Constip™- Homeopathic Remedy for Constipation:
This homeopathic medicine is functional in the temporary treatment of occasional constipation pain.
Directions for Constip™- Homeopathic Medicine for Constipation:
This medicine has been cleared for adults and adolescents over 12 years of age. Dissolve 1-2 pellets in mouth, only once a day before bedtime, until symptoms are relieved.
Warnings Constip™- Homeopathic Medicine for Constipation:
If conditions for patient do not improve for 5 days or worsen, it is appropriate to stop using the medicine and health practitioner. While pregnant and breastfeeding consult a doctor before using the medicine. Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use this product if the seal is missing or broken. Store it in a dry place at 15-30 centigrade and keep it out of direct sunlight.